Monday, 3 December 2012

A Weekend Away

Hello everyone! I spent this weekend in Amsterdam with one of my friends and it was lovely, except from the weather and the fact we kept getting lost!! But it was a spontaneous adventure which can only be a good thing. We missed our flight out there and had to be transferred onto another flight which was 5 hours later, so to kill some time I asked my friend to take a few pictures for a blog post. Unfortunately I had to use a slightly crap camera because I didn't trust myself taking  my sisters SLR to Amsterdam haha! Enjoy.





Boots, Office - £20.00
Necklace, H&M - £8.00(ish)

I have to admit the setting isn't the most beautiful, but you can blame Stansted Airport for that! I'll start with the jacket, which I absolutely love, it was such a bargain and there are other colours available too. I think it makes a nice change from a leather jacket, which all of us own!!

I chose a burgundy tee from Topshop because it was only £18 and I knew it would get a lot of wear. Oxblood is a popular colour at the moment so I thought this would be a cheap way to nail the trend! I don't usually shop in Topshop, because their clothes make me feel super fat as I always have to go up 1-2 sizes. However, on this occasion I ignored the number on the label and bought the clothes that I liked, and I'm really glad I did because the tee and trousers are two of my favourite items of clothing at the moment.

I've said before that I love the dogtooth print and I really fell in love with these trousers, I'm not much of a 'smart trouser' wearer usually so it's nice to have stepped out of my comfort zone.

You can't really see the necklace that well in these pictures but it's so gorgeous, I love it! H&M is definitely one of my favourite places to buy statement necklaces. I mentioned my bargain boots in my last post but here they are again! Finally, I took a rucksack with me to Amsterdam so I didn't have to pay for luggage, I really struggled to find one that I liked but I was happy with this denim and leather number in the end. Since buying it I have noticed the Accessorize have a lovely selection of rucksacks and I never thought to look in there, so if you're after one you should definitely check their's out x

You can follow me on twitter: @SJTaylor_
Hype me on Lookbook: http://lookbook.nu/clothesdrawer
Or contact me via email: sarahtaylor_@hotmail.co.uk






14 comments:

  1. Love your trousers

    www.skinandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the boots & quite like the trousers to x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this outfit. i was looking at those pants in topshop the other day, they look fab on you.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog!! Love your pictures!!
    Your outfit is very cute!!
    Love the shoes!! :)

    Maybe follow??

    love,
    Alicia

    leeshionable.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving those pants, who cares about the background, you look great!
    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are really cute , love your look <333
    really beautiful :)

    http://kissforthesky.blogspot.com
    melina astri <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit! mind to check out my blog? maybe we can follow each other :)

    www.thebeautyyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pants are amazing.
    Would you like to follow one another? My blog is fairly new and could use some help

    http://jayhags.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your style, especially those double zip chain boots. You look cute in that outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this post is gorgeous! hope you had fun and i love your pants.

    lots of love from the c&p girls,
    the casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have your trousers - a bit of a steep price tag but so worth it :)
    I went to Amsterdam in December - such a beautiful city.

    I'm your newest follower - would love if you took the time to stop by my blog/maybe follow back?
    www.the-fashion-underdog.blogspot.co.uk

    Emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this look, I have been look for some trousers similar for a while xx

    ReplyDelete